Impact Your Health – AMEN Free Clinic in Chowchilla
On July 1st, 2018 AMEN will head to Chowchilla, Ca for the first time to hold a CLINIC IN A BOX.
Volunteering with AMEN is a great way to give back to the most vulnerable in our community, meet some truly amazing people, and have a really fulfilling experience.
An AMEN free clinic is not your typical 9 to 5 job. Spending a day volunteering as a member of the AMEN Team can be long, hard work (which, of course, is also rewarding and a lot of fun!). Expect to work very hard from early morning until about early evening. Most volunteers try to stay close to the clinic. Food is provided onsite. We understand you want to know what you are getting into when you sign up.
In order to make an AMEN clinic run smoothly, it takes an army of devoted volunteers with diverse backgrounds and interests to come together for one mission: to prevent pain and alleviate suffering. We truly hope to see you at a clinic as you become part of a team that brings tens of thousands of people much-needed care.
For more info:
Free Clinic Day(s)
Clinic Days: - 07/01/18
Wilson Middle School Gym 1209 Robertson Blvd.
Chowchilla, CA 93610
The following is some important information about what to expect at an AMEN clinic.
When you sign up to volunteer for a day, we base our patient capacities on the number volunteers for the whole day, and with the knowledge that people will take breaks throughout the day and that sometimes things come up in life that must be attended to. But, overall, we anticipate everyone who comes to volunteer will stay for the whole day. Our clinics typically start in the early morning hours and end in the late afternoon or early evening hours. If you can only come for part of the time (half day or less), please let us know so we can plan accordingly. Please check the specific information about set up, take down, and times of clinic operation for the clinic you are participating in. We appreciate your commitment to those in need.
Volunteers without relevant health care professional skills will be able to volunteer in several other capacities. There are many jobs at the clinic that most anyone can help with: patient registration, runners to help patients get where they need to go, language translation (if you have language skills to offer), dental sterilization, supply stocking and lay technicians in our vision lab. We ask that you be flexible concerning your work assignment at the clinic. We have many jobs that need to be filled; you might not be able to volunteer for a specific assignment. Although we will do our best to honor location and assignment requests, and will do our absolute best to accommodate any physical restrictions you might have, general volunteers will mostly be assigned duties when they arrive based on our greatest need at the time. We have to get the clinic operations up and running each morning, so things can be very busy. You will find that it is easy to enjoy working in wherever you end up at the clinic. You’ll get to meet new people and make new friends!
We recommend volunteers wear modest, comfortable attire (scrubs are acceptable). All volunteers are required to wear closed-toe shoes (we suggest shoes you can stand comfortably in for long hours). No tank tops or offensive clothing are permitted.
- Physicians, NP, PA’s, ND
- Nurses, EMT
- Lifestyle Counselors
- Physical/Occupational Therapists, Massage Therapists
- Social Worker, Mental Health Counselors
- Optometrists, Ophthalmologists, Opticians
- Dentists, Dental Assistants, Hygienists, Registered Dental Assistants
- Translators, Greeters, Barbers/Hair Stylists, Foot Washing Ministry
- Registration, Food Coordinators, Pastors/Chaplains
- Security/Crowd Control Specialists
California Temporary Medical Licensure Requirements
California Temporary Medical Licensure Requirements
- Regarding licensure in CA for Doctors of Osteopathy, the Regulation for the Osteopathic Medical Board does not allow out-of-state DO’s to participate in sponsored free health care events. They anticipate the Regulation to be approved in the very near future, but as of this date, they do not have the authority to allow unlicensed DO’s to participate in events such as AMEN Free Clinic
- Advanced practice RN's not already Licensed in California can apply and volunteer as an RN.
- The California Podiatry Board does not offer a temporary license for Podiatrists licensed in another state
- Dental Hygienist
- Dental Assistant Reciprocity is not offered to out of state Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) to practice in California. All non-California licensed dental assistants wishing to perform the functions of a RDA in California must complete the full licensure process which includes practical and written examinations. Unregistered Dental assistants are permitted in California, however, there are restrictions on the duties that they can perform. Click here for a list of the restrictions or the duties that are permitted. The document is also attached. For additional information that is not addressed above, please contact: Dental Board of California (916) 263-2300 Sarah Wallace, Dental Assisting Manager Phone: (916) 263-2300
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Medical Board
More volunteer information regarding food, orientations, waivers, etc will be sent 3 weeks prior to the 1st clinic date.